sempremai is a blog, and not by chance. These posts do not represent the end of a process, but rather its beginning. The goal is to refine these raw materials through collaboration and constructive debate, so that a well-rounded group of articles may be selected and published in our annual paper issue.
Here’s how it works:
1. You send us 3-8 pages in either Italian or English to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Although this is not the final product, it should still contain your main argument;
2. The editorial board decides whether or not to publish your post within 10 days from submission;
3. Everybody (editors, sympathizers, and informed public alike) can comment on your post, offering constructive criticism;
4. After receiving feedback from our community, you will be invited to revise and expand your paper, bringing it to the standard 15-20 pages;
5. This final product will be peer-reviewed and considered for inclusion in the annual paper issue of the journal;
Here is what we’re interested in:
1. Literary Criticism: we don’t have a specific time, place or language in mind. However, your paper must be related to things Italian: we are, after all, italianisti. Please consult the editorial page regarding methodology;
2. Book Reviews: they can be on recent poetry, prose, or criticism and should not exceed a length of 3 pages. Please, remember to include all the necessary bibliographical information;
3. Translations: we’re looking for poetry or prose, in Italian or English, and we prefer experimental writings that present intriguing translation challenges. Please, keep submissions between 5 and 10 pages.
We DO NOT accept original works.